In case you’re still in hibernation, please allow us to be the first to inform you of the following very important news: Spring produce is baaaaaaack! It’s back! It’s back! It’s back!
(Catches breath.) Yup, spring produce is finally starting to peek out at the farmers markets, and we’re celebrating in all sorts of ways. Including with our latest contest: “Your Greatest Salad of All Time,” where we want to know how you’re going to use alllll the vegetables and fruits you can get your hands on over the coming months.
In particular, we want all the details about how to make that one killer salad you’re known for—the truly great one. Maybe your friends won’t let you into a potluck without it. Maybe it’s so good, you only make it for yourself. Perhaps you’ve been known to eat it for lunch and dinner, several days in a row. Whatever the case, we want the recipe!
Submissions are now open, until June 1 at 6 p.m. ET. A couple ground rules:
- Your salad should celebrate spring and summer produce, broadly speaking. Save those roasted root veg medleys for another time.
- We’re looking for salads that stand out as killer entrées. Side salads need not apply.
- Submissions can be warm or cold, cooked or raw, so long as they’re in the spirit of spring and summer salads.
- If you’re feeling inspired by a classic (i.e., caprese, Waldorf, Caesar, and the like), make sure you give it an extra-clever twist or two.
- If you have a recipe already on the site, go to that recipe page, hit “Edit Recipe” (under the photo), scroll down, hit “Submit my recipe to a contest,” select the latest contest (“Your Greatest Salad of All Time”), and save.
- If you want to add a new recipe, head to your own profile page, select “Recipes,” click “Add a Recipe,” upload it, hit “Submit my recipe to a contest,” select the latest contest, and save.
We read every submission and test as many as possible. But that’s a lot of reading and a lot of testing. We’re counting on you to help, too. Peruse the submission pages and make (and favorite!) any recipe that catches your eye. Then, share feedback on the recipe page. We take all this feedback into account as we narrow down to the top five, which will be announced on June 20.
For a full refresher on how the whole contest process works, check this out.
May the greatest salad win!
What’s your greatest salad recipe? Submit it to our contest, pretty please!